Saturday, January 4, 2020

Psalm 4:6-8

 
Psalm 4:6-8
Many, Lord, are asking, “Who will bring us prosperity? Let the light of your face shine on us. Fill my heart with joy when their grain and new wine abound. In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety.

I still recall a childhood prayer
About guarding my sleep,
Yet even now that is a prayer
That I intend to keep.

I know that it's a silly thing,
A childish little fear,
But lord I sleep better at night
Just knowing that You're near.

And each day, when I rise at dawn,
I thank You for the grace
That kept me safe throughout the night,
And my world still in place.

You bless my life abundantly,
Beyond my deserving,
But that one blessing, more than most,
Always makes my heart sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment