Sunday, January 26, 2020

Psalm 26:2-3


 
Psalm 26:2-3
Test me, Lord, and try me, examine my heart and my mind; for I have always been mindful of your unfailing love and have lived in reliance on your faithfulness.

I grew up knowing You, Oh Lord,
And I belong to You.
I never doubted You love me
Or that You’d see me through.

But there are those less fortunate,
Who have not heard Your name,
And they don’t know the redemption
That each of us can claim.

I know that when I call on You,
That You are always there,
And, whether it is Yes or No,
You answer, for You care.

I pray for those lost in the world
Who weep in their despair,
Because they’ve never heard Your name
Or know how much You care.

I pray for those trapped in their sin
With no hope of release,
Because they do not know Your love
Offers healing and peace.

I pray for those who fear Your name
Without knowing Your Grace,
If they but knew what I know, Lord,
They’d seek out Your embrace.

Lord I have known You all my life
And I’m grateful, it’s true,
But I pray for those still seeking
Who do not yet know You!

No comments:

Post a Comment