Monday, January 20, 2020

Psalm 20:7-8

 
Psalm 20:7-8
Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God. They are brought to their knees and fall, but we rise up and stand firm.

The sun will rise, the rain will fall,
the world will turn around.
But these are not the things to which
My faith is firmly bound.

Nor do I place my faith in man,
Or in man’s government,
For man is fickle, thus his rule
Breeds discord and dissent.

No, I will place my faith in Him
Whose hand formed wind and tide,
Under whose rule, both great and small
Must equally abide.

There is no law born of mankind
With which He must comply,
But all who walk this earth today,
By His will, live and die.

My faith’s not in the works of man,
For in the end they’ll fail,
But He who formed man with a word,
Will evermore prevail.

No comments:

Post a Comment