Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Psalm 21:6-7

 
Psalm 21:6-7
Surely you have granted him unending blessings and made him glad with the joy of your presence. For the king trusts in the Lord; through the unfailing love of the Most High he will not be shaken.

The day was rougher than need be,
Some days are just that way.
I can’t get through them without tears,
Unless I stop and pray.

I know that most think I am lost,
A wayward soul alone,
Without a proper course in life,
A plan carved into stone.

But I can see beyond that view.
Yes, my life’s been upheaved,
I’ve struggled often to meet ends,
And more than once I’ve grieved.

But I have been blessed beyond hope
For, Lord, I’ve called Your name
And when no one else answered me
You were the one who came.

You taught me what it means to love,
To trust and walk in faith,
You filled me with unending joy
When hope was a mere wraith. 

Although some days might seem too rough,
Still I’ll stand and proclaim,
"The Lord is mighty, He is good", 
In joy, I praise His name.

No comments:

Post a Comment