Saturday, January 25, 2020

Psalm 25:4-7

 
Psalm 25:4-7
Show me your ways, Lord, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. Remember, Lord, your great mercy and love, for they are from of old. Do not remember the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways; according to your love remember me, for you, Lord, are good.

I understand it took His death
To wipe my stained slate clean,
But what I cannot fathom, still,
Is all that that must mean.

I understand that with His blood
He covered my old life,
Until, now, there’s no trace at all
Of those lost years of strife.

He doesn’t have them tucked away
To pull out when I fail,
Or bring them up when I cry out
In some future travail.

It means that He has covered them,
Removed them completely,
Until there is no last essence
Of what I used to be.

I have a fresh new start with Him,
A chance to do it right,
The chance to live tomorrow’s life
Without yesterday’s blight.

I still remember, to my shame,
The life I lived back then,
But He has chosen to forget
Each and every last sin.

So, while I try to understand
How He could love me so,
I’ll keep my feet well on the path
That He wants me to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment