Thursday, January 30, 2020

Psalm 30:4-5

 
Psalm 30:4-5
Sing the praises of the Lord, you his faithful people; praise his holy name. For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may stay for the night,
but rejoicing comes in the morning.

I’ve watched the years pass by me, Lord,
Some good and some not so.
I walked in darkness through some days,
But still You helped me grow.

I know I let You down more times
Than I care to recall,
And yet You always picked me up
When I’d stumble and fall.

There were times when I knew for sure
That You might be angry,
But You forgave even the worst
Of my effrontery.

My tears have fallen more than once
In sorrow or in shame,
But each time You gave me comfort,
And called me by my name.

So, I will praise You, Holy One,
Then when the night grows long.
I’ll let my tears reflect Your grace,
And raise my voice in song.

No comments:

Post a Comment