Thursday, January 23, 2020

Psalm 23:3-4

 
Psalm 23:3-4
he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

I’ve wandered off the path before,
More than a time or two,
And I found myself in dark vales
That I had to walk through.

I didn’t know it at the time,
But You were there with me.
Sometimes a nudge, sometimes a shove,
You brought me through safely.

It was the rod to set me straight,
Or just the staff to guide,
But You always showed me the way
And stayed close by my side.

I know I’ll likely stray again,
I’m still a willful child,
But I try to stay closer than
When I was young and wild.

And when I find the path ahead
Seems to be darkening,
I turn my eyes to look for You,
Then lift my voice to sing!

No comments:

Post a Comment