Monday, February 24, 2020

Psalm 54:6-7


Psalm 54:6-7
I will sacrifice a freewill offering to you; I will praise your name, Lord, for it is good. You have delivered me from all my troubles, and my eyes have looked in triumph on my foes.

I have an enemy most fierce
Who torments me each day,
And when night settles on the land
I still can’t get away.

I turn and find my enemy
Is still in front of me.
Sometimes I rage in frustration,
Or weep so bitterly.

I’ve tried to reason with my foe,
And struggled to give grace,
But how do I keep forgiving
Such a willful disgrace?

But, when I stop and think it through
I realize my foe
Is loved by You, though I disdain
To think it could be so.

Then once again, I offer grace,
And start trying anew
To forgive and to love myself
In the spirit You do.

No comments:

Post a Comment