Friday, February 21, 2020

Psalm 52:8-9

 
Psalm 52:8-9
But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God’s unfailing love for ever and ever. For what you have done I will always praise you in the presence of your faithful people. And I will hope in your name, for your name is good.

I see the branches of the tree
Spread out in proud array,
A shelter and a place to hide
For Robin, wren and jay.

They offer a perch high above
For eagles seeking prey,
And yet they offer that same prey
A place to hide away.

Its branches are filled with blessings
That You have sent our way,
But it is the roots of the tree
For which I kneel to pray.

For if it’s root run deep enough
Within the fertile soil,
Then, though the storms may break its branch,
It will outlast the toil.

I want to be like that old tree
With root dug deep in You.
That I may stand up to life’s storms
And praise You as I do.

I want to be strong in Your word
Enough that, in the gale,
I’ll count my blessings, not my tears
And by that faith, prevail.

No comments:

Post a Comment