Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Psalm 35:4-5

 
Psalm 35:4-5
Humiliate those who seek my harm. Defeat them all! Frustrate their plans to defeat me and drive them back. Disgrace them all as they have devised their plans to disgrace me.
Blow them away like dust in the wind, with the Angel of Almighty God driving them back!

I hear so many speak in rage
Of those they do not know.
Denigrating the innocent,
Letting their anger grow.

Tonight, I lift those angry hearts
Into Your tender Grace.
Please help them step away from rage
And find a healing place.

Please help them move past ridicule
And see humanity
In those who have done them no harm,
But simply disagree.

I’m tired of the bitterness
That sullies every day,
So, Lord, please lead them from their rage
And into Grace, I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment