Saturday, February 15, 2020

Psalm 46:10-11

 
Psalm 46:10-11
He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.

I’ve lost a friend or two lately,
And grief pulls at my heart.
I walk through days without a tear,
And then I fall apart.

I live a life that is fast paced,
With people everywhere.
Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed,
I crumble in despair.

I’ve walked a rocky path in life
And made some bad mistakes.
I want to make amends, but fear
I don’t have what it takes.

When all the worries of this life
Come tumbling down on me,
I want to run, to hide in fear
From what I know must be.

But that is when I hear Your voice,
“Be still. Be still and know.
I am the ruler of the worlds
And, child, I love you so.”

I may not understand it all,
But this I know is true,
My hope, my joy, my redemption,
My peace all come from You.

No comments:

Post a Comment