Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Psalm 49:10-12

 
Psalm 49:10-12
For all can see that the wise die, that the foolish and the senseless also perish, leaving their wealth to others. Their tombs will remain their houses forever, their dwellings for endless generations, though they had named lands after themselves. People, despite their wealth, do not endure; they are like the beasts that perish.

We have been raised above the beasts
In wisdom and in grace.
We see ourselves, and rightly so,
As in a higher place.

But there is one way, without doubt,
In which we are equal.
Both man and beast will fall at last
In answer to death’s pull.

Intelligence and diligence
Might make life seem so sweet,
But, in the end, we all will die,
When our time is complete.

Knowing that my time on this earth
Is short and moving fast,
I want to leave something behind
When I am gone at last.

I want to leave behind my awe
At the works of God’s hand.
I’d like to think that, by the end,
I might just understand

The power of the love it took
To leave heaven for earth
And teach us how to walk the path
That leads to our rebirth.

I hope that I might leave behind
A kind word or a deed
That lifted up a broken heart
Or helped someone in need.

Yes, I would hope more than a name
Will be left when I go,
But that I’m going home to Him,
Is all I need to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment