Sunday, February 16, 2020

Psalm 47:6-7

 
Psalm 47:6-7
Sing praises to God, sing praises; sing praises to our King, sing praises. For God is the King of all the earth; sing to him a psalm of praise.

The Sabbath opened in chaos,
With too much on my plate.
I didn’t know what to do first,
Even my thoughts ran late.

But You sent me a messenger
To remind me of You,
And when I saw him sailing past
I knew just what to do.

I set aside my worried thoughts,
The chores I hadn’t done,
Then I lifted my voice in praise
Of Father and of Son.

I let my heart sing out with joy,
Your praise I lifted high
And all the chaos of my world
Was lost when You drew nigh.

Oh Lord, You are my strength, my peace,
Whatever life may bring,
And I will take time in each day
To lift my voice and sing!

So, Thank You for the message, Lord,
Reminding me of You.
It was enough to remind me
That You will see me through.

No comments:

Post a Comment