Thursday, February 6, 2020

Psalm 37:1-6


Psalm 37:1-6

Do not fret because of those who are evil or be envious of those who do wrong; for like the grass they will soon wither, like green plants they will soon die away. Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn, your vindication like the noonday sun.

I used to walk through every day
With my eyes straight ahead.
I thought I needed goals and plans,
But needed You instead.

Though we need plans to lay our path
And goals to get us there,
Neither will bring us home with joy,
Unless we learn to care.

It isn’t by racing to win
That we find fulfillment.
But when we stop along the way
For time, with loved ones, spent.

Or when we pause to glance around
At those bright morning skies,
And realize the purest gold
Is there, before our eyes.

The blossoms in a summer field,
An eagle on the wing,
Can cause a heart to race with joy
Or count a new blessing.

I think it’s not that there’s no joy
In working to a goal,
It’s just that joy is magnified
Within a grateful soul.

So, I’ll work hard upon this earth,
But take delight in You,
That I won’t pass like summer grass.
In You, I’m born anew. 

No comments:

Post a Comment