Saturday, February 8, 2020

Psalm 39:4-5

 
Psalm 39:4-5
“Show me, Lord, my life’s end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting my life is. You have made my days a mere handbreadth; the span of my years is as nothing before you. Everyone is but a breath, even those who seem secure.

Help me to number my days, Lord,
And treasure every one.
For they are fleeting as the wind,
They’re here and then they’re gone.

While mountains stand for centuries,
The Moon, for eons more,
Mankind is born and then is gone,
Like waves on a lost shore.

We have a few years in the sun,
Then winter seeks us out,
But we must fill the “in between”
With life lived without doubt.

Now I have numbered many years
Upon this earth, it’s true,
And many of those years, Oh Lord,
I walked too far from You.

Yet, faith finally led me back
And now, at last, I see
How precious has each moment been,
And, those to come, will be.

Teach me to number my years, Lord,
But to not dread the count.
May winter find me faithful still,
No matter the amount.

No comments:

Post a Comment