Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Psalm 43:3-5

 
Psalm 43:3-5
Send me your light and your faithful care, let them lead me; let them bring me to your holy mountain, to the place where you dwell. Then I will go to the altar of God, to God, my joy and my delight. I will praise you with the lyre, O God, my God.
Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.

I sometimes feel that all the world
Is weighing down me,
And, though I try to shake it off,
I just cannot break free.

But then I hear that still, small voice
Whispering in my ear,
“Give me your worries, let them go,
I’m greater than your fear.”

The mountains do not roar and shake,
The oceans do not rise,
But I can tell that He is near,
And He has heard my cries.

There is peace within this world
That’s easiest to find
When we place our fears in His hand,
And then, leave them behind.

It is in that peace that I’ve found
The strength I need stand
And step into the world’s melee,
Knowing who’s in command. 

So, why, my soul, be so downcast?
There’s nothing we can’t face
If we give Him each doubt and fear,
And His peace takes its place.

No comments:

Post a Comment