Monday, February 17, 2020

Psalm 48:1-2

 
Psalm 48:1-2
Great is the Lord, and most worthy of praise, in the city of our God, his holy mountain. Beautiful in its loftiness, the joy of the whole earth, like the heights of Zaphon is Mount Zion, the city of the Great King.

I sing this verse all of the time,
The rough ones and the best.
It’s where my thoughts go whether I
I feel worried or just blessed.

I can’t say why I love it so,
I learned it years ago,
And as the years have multiplied
It still touches me so.

It takes me that holy place
Where joy fills up my heart.
I stand upon that mountain top
And feel the praises start.

There are so many songs of praise
That I’ve learned on my way,
But this one is my favorite…
I sing it every day!

Great is the Lord, and Greatly to praised.
In the city of our God, on the mountain of His holiness.
Beautiful for situation, Joy of all the earth
Is Mt Zion, on the sides of the north, the city of the great King!
Is Mt Zion, on the sides of the north, the city of the great King!

No comments:

Post a Comment