Friday, February 7, 2020

Psalm 38:17-18 & 21-22


Psalm 38:17-18 & 21-22  
For I am about to fall, and my pain is ever with me. I confess my iniquity; I am troubled by my sin… Lord, do not forsake me; do not be far from me, my God. Come quickly to help me, my Lord and my Savior.

I know that my sins have been cleansed,
But there is still a cost.
This life will hold the punishment,
Though my soul is not lost.

For sin brings with it, consequence.
Though He removes the stain,
The damage is already done,
Those scars will still remain.

I know that I am shattered, Lord,
By the sins of my past,
And I can never be made whole,
Til I see You, at last.

But if You will forgive me, Lord,
And heal me through Your Grace,
Then all my broken, jagged shards
May yet reflect Your face!

No comments:

Post a Comment