Thursday, February 13, 2020

Psalm 44:6-8

 
Psalm 44:6-8
I put no trust in my bow, my sword does not bring me victory; but you give us victory over our enemies, you put our adversaries to shame. In God we make our boast all day long, and we will praise your name forever.

I still work hard to move ahead,
And my pennies, I pinch,
But if it fell on me alone
I’d never move an inch.

For all the plans that I have made
Have one blind spot… or two.
Though I do all within my strength,
Most things still fall on You.

I’ve come to realize by now,
That You have smoothed my way.
I only stay upon the path,
If You don’t let me stray.

The hard times can come on so fast,
It’s like a tornado,
And You are the only reason
That I’ve withstood each blow.

You are the strength in my right hand,
The love that fills my heart,
My hope, when I want to give up,
Or never even start.

Some days I’d like to tell the world,
“Hey! Look at all I’ve done!”
But I know that, if not for You,
I’d never have begun!

So, I give Glory to Your name,
And credit where it’s due.
I stand and claim each victory,
Only because of You!

No comments:

Post a Comment