Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Psalm 87:1-2

 
Psalm 87:1-2
He has founded his city on the holy mountain. The Lord loves the gates of Zion more than all the other dwellings of Jacob.

I’ve never walked the holy mount
Nor looked on Zion’s gate.
Though I have longed to do these things,
It might just be too late.

But I can build a holy place
With gates bearing His name
To stand within my own flawed heart.
Though not with Zion’s fame.

I know that it won’t be the same,
It simply could not be,
But all I have to offer Him
Is a place within me.

I’ll consecrate my tarnished soul,
And polish up my heart.
Then pray that He will find if good
Enough for a rough start.

I have no doubt that Zion’s claim
Will always hold more sway,
But if He truly lives in me,
I might come close some day!

No comments:

Post a Comment