Monday, April 20, 2020

Psalm 97:10-12

 
Psalm 97:10-12
Let those who love the Lord hate evil, for he guards the lives of his faithful ones and delivers them from the hand of the wicked. Light shines on the righteous and joy on the upright in heart. Rejoice in the Lord, you who are righteous, and praise his holy name.

I have to make a confession,
I’m anxious in my heart.
I want to do what I should do,
But then, what is “my part”?

Do I stand up and speak my peace,
Or trust You and Your plan?
Am I submitting, by silence,
To the frail works of man?

I have a rebel spirit, Lord,
I know I always will,
But while I challenge mankind’s rule,
I will follow You, still.

I want to stand within Your Light,
And speak Your Truth out loud,
Without being caught up within
Myself and being proud.

I’m trying to walk that fine line
Between faith and failing
To speak against the broken laws,
And the pain they will bring.

So, Lord, I’m going to lift my prayer
Knowing, full well, You’ll hear,
And then I’ll wait for Your answer
Without anguish or fear.

You’ve never failed to guide me through,
And I have faith in You.
Though I may have my anxious doubts,
You know what I should do!

No comments:

Post a Comment