Thursday, April 2, 2020

Psalm 88:1-2

 
Psalm 88:1-2
Lord, you are the God who saves me; day and night I cry out to you. May my prayer come before you; turn your ear to my cry.

Oh Lord, there are so many days
When I rejoice and sing,
But sometimes I walk through one filled
With all the pain life brings.

And this has been one of those, Lord.
Though I still praise Your name,
I also call out for the grace
That Your children may claim.

Please help me look into my grief
And see, instead the joy
Of knowing I’ll come through this time.
With peace grief can’t destroy.

Please teach how to face my fear,
And take it all in stride.
Remind me that I’ll overcome
When I stay by Your side.

Please whisper of Your faithful love
When the pain fills my mind.
Remind me that You hold me close
And won’t leave me behind.

Oh Lord, this day has been so hard,
But I can see it through,
If You’ll remind me, one more time,
To keep my eyes on You.

No comments:

Post a Comment