Thursday, April 23, 2020

Psalm 100:3-4

 
Psalm 100:3-4
Know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good and his love endures forever his faithfulness continues through all generations.

Oh Lord, I lift my heart to You,
This lamb needs her shepherd.
I’ve faced a day of testing, Lord,
With barely a kind word.

My heart was broken twice today,
Then crushed beneath a heel.
I wept until I my tears ran dry
From sorrow that’s too real.

But all day long I felt You near.
The grief that swept through me
Was bound by words of peace, and hope,
And Your healing mercy.

And so, my Lord, I praise Your name
And thank You that You’re there.
For, through my pain, I heard Your voice
And know how much You care.

No comments:

Post a Comment