Saturday, March 14, 2020

Psalm 71:5-6

 
Psalm 71:5-6
For you have been my hope, Sovereign Lord, my confidence since my youth. From birth I have relied on you; you brought me forth from my mother’s womb. I will ever praise you.

You formed me in my mother’s womb,
And breathed life into me.
You showed me the path I should walk
To be who I should be.

You guarded me in my wild youth,
Until I understood
That all the struggles of my life
Would work to my own good.

You’ve taught to lift others up,
But do it in Your name
And not for honor or glory,
For those paths lead to shame.

You showed me truth can be so hard
It breaks my heart in two,
But it can also be survived
If I hold on to You.

You showed me faith and hope and love
Will get me through each day
Despite what Satan and this world
Might scatter in my way.

You formed me in my mother’s womb,
Then breathed life into me,
And I will follow where You lead
For you have set me free!

No comments:

Post a Comment