Saturday, March 7, 2020

Psalm 64:1-2

 
Psalm 64:1-2
Hear me, my God, as I voice my complaint; protect my life from the threat of the enemy. Hide me from the conspiracy of the wicked, from the plots of evildoers.

I lift the nations of the world
Into Your care today,
For this world has lost its purpose,
And we have gone astray.

We seem to seek the darkness, Lord,
As it’s the easy course,
Instead of turning to The Light
And its enduring Source.

We seem to let impotent rage
Dictate the path we choose,
While wisdom and compassion are
The course that we refuse.

I know that this path is not new,
The world’s walked it before,
And yet, we stand here once again,
Ignoring what’s in store.

Please set us back upon Your path,
And remind us again
It is to Your ways we should turn,
And not the ways of man.

No comments:

Post a Comment