Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Psalm 61:4-5

 
Psalm 61:4-5
I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings. For you, God, have heard my vows; you have given me the heritage of those who fear your name.

I live within Your mercy, Lord,
Walking in faith with You.
And I try to live my life as
You’ve asked that we each do.

I know I fall short every day
Of who I ought to be,
But I am grateful, despite that,
That You’ve forgiven me.

And so I vow, within each dawn
To try, once more, to walk
Closer to You than yesterday
And do more than just talk.

I know that there are many still
Who do not know Your name,
And some who do, will turn away
To walk deeper in shame.

But I have been blessed to know You
From birth until this day,
And I was taught to call on You
When I have lost my way.

So, I pray daily for wisdom
Enough to set me straight
Upon the path that leads to You,
Before it is too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment