Thursday, January 20, 2022

Without Pride


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I set aside my pride today,
And it was hard to do.
For it seemed things were not going
As I felt they ought to.
 
I needed to remember You,
Your stillness and Your grace,
And offer others the mercy
That I’d need in their place.
 
For I am not perfected, Lord,
I’m not above the pride
That makes me think more of myself
Than those here at my side.
 
But I am here to serve You first,
Then those who walk with me.
The last person that I should laud
Would be selfish old me.  
 
In order to best serve You, Lord,
I must serve without pride.
I need to serve, as You direct,
Those walking at my side,
For my service is valueless
If Your Word is denied.
 
1 Corinthians 10: 23-24
“All things are lawful,” but not all things are helpful. “All things are lawful,” but not all things build up. Let no one seek his own good, but the good of his neighbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment