Saturday, January 8, 2022

Walking Humbly


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I used to live in arrogance,
I walked this life alone,
Believing I was in control
And each choice was my own.
 
I didn’t understand, back then
The power of mercy.
I thought that I knew what was right
And how things ought to be.
 
I had no room for oversight,
For rules someone else made.
I was the master of my path
The one voice I obeyed.
 
Then, Lord, You called me to Your side,
And I answered Your call.
I forgot all the rules I’d made,
They meant nothing at all.
 
Now I walk humbly on Your path,
Mercy and grace I give
To all who walk this life with me.
By Your Word, Lord, I live.
 
Micah 6:8
He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

No comments:

Post a Comment