Monday, January 31, 2022

Painful Memories


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The sorrow crept up by surprise,
It came out of nowhere,
But, when it hit, I felt all joy
Crumble into despair.  
 
She spoke of watching, helplessly,
Her Mom’s approaching death.
I felt those memories rush back,
And crumbled, out of breath.
 
It happened many years ago,
I’d left it in my past,
But, when she spoke of what she faced,
It all came back so fast.
 
The broken places tore once more,
And great sorrow swept in.
The healing that I thought I’d done,
I now must do again.
 
I know my Mom is free of pain,
Yet my pain lingers on.
I loved her while she walked this earth,
I love her though she’s gone.
 
It seems so strange another’s pain,
Could bring mine back in view.
Lord, I lift up our broken hearts
And entrust them to you.
 
Psalm 34:18
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment