Friday, January 21, 2022

Heading Home


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I spend my days rushing about,
My nights trying to sleep,
And somewhere between here and there
Lies a peace I can keep.
 
I feel it as I start each day,
But I quickly lose sight
Of any semblance of peace
Before day becomes night.
 
Then, as I hurry home again,
I pray to find once more
The peace that lives within Your grace,
That can heal and restore.
 
I think it stays within my heart,
I feel it now and then,
I just don’t slow down long enough
To let it grow again.
 
Yet, when I stop to take a breath
And say a prayer or two,
I feel it whisper to my soul,
Reminding me of You.
 
Tonight, I’ll stop rushing about
And let that peace wash though
Until its whisper is the song
I lift in praise of You.

No comments:

Post a Comment