Monday, July 5, 2021

When Push Comes To Shove


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
To walk in peace, to offer grace,
To speak the Word in love
Are all too often hard to do
When push comes down to shove.
 
Yet that is what we’re called to do
And how we’re asked to live,
Stepping onto a faithful path,
Giving all we can give.
 
We are not called to perfection,
We’ve each failed every day.
Yet, we are called to try again
To live our life His way.
 
I have a stubborn, stiff necked heart,
I will admit that’s true,
But I will work harder each day
Because You’ve asked me to.
 
To walk in peace, to offer grace,
To speak the Word in love,
Instead of trying to push back
When push comes down to shove.
 
Luke 6: 27-38
“But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you.

No comments:

Post a Comment