Sunday, July 18, 2021

Giving Thanks


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I thought the weekend was for rest,
But I had much to do,
And, thanks to You and some patience
I managed to get through.
 
But life is not about the pace
At which we live day.
It is, instead, about the grace
That we give on the way.
 
So I am grateful for the gift
Of neighbors who all care,
And for the sunlight and the warmth
That tinged the summer air.
 
I’m grateful for the work that’s done,
The rest I’ll find tonight,
And for the chance to rise again
In tomorrow’s new light.
 
I’m grateful that I had the chance
To say an “I love You”
To one too long out of my sight,
But not out of Your view.
 
And I am grateful for the grace
That helped me make it through
A long, long list of all the things
That I needed to do.
 
Good night, my Father, Lord of All,
And to my Savior, too.
I lift my prayer with a full heart
And give all thanks to You!
 
Colossians 3: 7
And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

No comments:

Post a Comment