Monday, July 26, 2021

What It's About


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I stand against the rising tide,
The waves crash on the shore,
Until all I can hear or feel
Is the wild, angry roar.
 
I chose the path that led me here,
You never made me choose,
But I have found each path I’ve walked
Offered me much to lose.
 
For life is meant to test our faith,
And trouble haunts us all.
There is no path in life to walk
Where trouble’s shade won’t fall.
 
It’s not about the dark valley,
It’s about walking through
And learning, every step we take
Is best taken with You.
 
It’s all about the crucible,
That burns away the dross.
It’s all about living in joy,
Despite our pain and loss.
 
I chose this path, despite its storms,
Not based on what I knew,
But rather based upon the trust
That I’ll walk it with You.
 
Genesis 28:15
Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land. For I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment