Friday, July 2, 2021

A Day of Rest




















A day of rest, a day of peace,
Was what I truly needed,
And, from the day that I just had,
My prayers were clearly heeded.
 
I didn’t need the world’s acclaim
Or things to go my way,
I simply needed time to spend
All by myself today.
 
And though I went out in the world,
I wasn’t out for long
Before I settled back into
The sound of soft birdsong.
 
I don’t know why You love me so,
But love me, Lord, You do.
For You always know what I need
And what I need is You.
 
I need Your Grace, Your mercy too,
But, over and above,
I need what only You can give…
Your everlasting love!
 
Psalm 103:17-18
But the steadfast love of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear him, and his righteousness to children's children, to those who keep his covenant and remember to do his commandments.

No comments:

Post a Comment