Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Song of Joy


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The sound of joy rings through my world,
Windchimes and cheery birds
All seem to share the joyful thoughts
For which I have no words.
 
You led me through my crazy day
Then brought me home to rest
And gain the strength that I will need
To face tomorrow’s test.
 
I thank You for a place of peace,
A true blessing, no doubt,
For there are many in this world
Who have to do without.
 
I thank You that, with each day’s end,
I’m weary, but content
That I have walked closer to You,
Making the day well spent.
 
I thank You that You’ve called my name
And that I am Your child
Instead of who I used to be,
Lost, terrified and wild.
 
The song of joy born in my heart
Fills up the evening air
Until I hear my grateful praise
Resounding everywhere.
 
Psalm 98:4
Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth; break forth into joyous song and sing praises!

No comments:

Post a Comment