Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Psalm 132:7-8

 
Psalm 132:7-8
“Let us go to his dwelling place, let us worship at his footstool, saying, ‘Arise, Lord, and come to your resting place, you and the ark of your might.

I often ask You for guidance
And then go my own way.
But more often I ask without
Listening to what You say.

I need to lay my troubled thoughts,
Quietly, at Your feet.
Trusting that You have the answers
That will make them complete.

I need to listen when You speak,
To what You’re telling me,
That I might truly understand
All that I need to be.

I need to worship at Your feet,
Be still and heed Your Word.
Though I have asked You many times,
I’ve not listened… and heard.

I seek You, Lord, where I’ll find You,
Living within my heart.
Teach me to listen and to know,
And, then, to do my part.

No comments:

Post a Comment