Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Psalm 118:5-6

 
Psalm 118:5-6
When hard pressed, I cried to the Lord; he brought me into a spacious place. The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?

I’ve walked through times of such despair
I cried myself to sleep
And woke to wonder where I’d find
Some hope that I could keep.

But each night I cried out to You
And each day I rose up
To walk in faith that, by Your plan,
I’d find my flowing cup.

Some days I still cry out of grief,
But most days I find joy
Is everywhere I turn my gaze,
And it is seldom coy.

The Lord has lead me through hard times,
I know there will be more,
But I have learned that, though I’ll weep,
There will be joy in store.

So I will stand when storm winds rise
And I will not give up,
For I know He holds in His hand
My overflowing cup!

No comments:

Post a Comment