Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Psalm 112:4-5


Psalm 112:4-5
Even in darkness light dawns for the upright, for those who are gracious and compassionate and righteous. Good will come to those who are generous and lend freely, who conduct their affairs with justice.

Though despair may fill my thoughts,
My heart is fixed on You.
I cannot long dwell in the dark
With Your light shining through.

I have known hunger, fear, and loss,
But joy flowed in their wake.
I will not let them hold me fast,
My faith, they will not shake.

I may not live with great wealth, Lord,
But what I have, I’ll share,
That those, with less, who walk my path
Need not live in despair.  

I’ll stand faithful, and live faith filled,
Doing my best to show
The love and grace You’ve shown to me,
To others, as I go.

I cannot thank You, Lord, enough
For all You’ve done for me.
Please help me to give back to You
The person I should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment