Monday, May 18, 2020

Psalm 124:6-8

 
Psalm 124:6-8
Praise be to the Lord, who has not let us be torn by their teeth. We have escaped like a bird from the fowler’s snare; the snare has been broken, and we have escaped. Our help is in the name of the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.

I’ve walked into a snare or two
Over my many years.
Some were my fault, and some were not,
But all ended in tears.

I could have lost everything, Lord,
If You had left me there.
But each time You loved me enough
To free me from the snare.  

You kept calling me back to You
When I would go astray,
Until I understood the truth,
Yours is the only way.

I have no doubt another snare
Is waiting just for me.
You never said the path we’d walk
Was meant to be easy.

Although I dread failing again,
Tripping on some new snare,
I know You’re watching over me,
And I will not despair.

I’ll call out to You, one more time,
My faith, Lord, lies in You.
For I am following Your lead
And You will lead me through.

No comments:

Post a Comment