Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Psalm 131:1

 
Psalm 131:1
My heart is not proud, Lord, my eyes are not haughty; I do not concern myself with great matters or things too wonderful for me.

When I was young, I had such dreams
Of all that I would be,
The things I’d do, the life I’d live
The places I would see.

But as have moved on through life
I’ve come to realize
That I don’t need or want great things.
Imagine my surprise.

I count among my great blessings
That I wake up each day,
And that I have a grateful heart
When I sit down to pray.

I don’t need wealth, I have enough,
And I do not need fame.
I’m grateful for food and a home,
More than many can claim.

Lord, I’m content and, by Your grace,
That's how I will remain.
Grateful for what I have right now,
And too blessed to complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment