Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Psalm 119:10-12

 
Psalm 119:10-12
I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. Praise be to you, Lord; teach me your decrees.

I’ve never been the perfect child,
I’m often far astray.
In fact, I find myself off course
At some point in each day!

I know that, even if I prayed,
I’d never quite achieve
The perfect person I should be,
Despite all I believe.

But that is not what I pray for,
When I call out to You.
For I will not pray for something
I know I cannot do.

I pray, instead to know Your Word,
Each lesson that You give,
That I might draw closer to You
In every day I live.

I pray that I listen to You,
And walk close by Your side,
That I might grow beyond the sins
From which I cannot hide.

I pray I’ll choose to seek Your Light,
When each choice comes to me.
For, even there, in Your shadow,
Your Grace is all I see.

I pray that I will fill my heart
With all You’d have me know
And from my heart, filled with Your Truth,
A better me will grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment