Saturday, October 29, 2022

With Every Dawn


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
There is no peace in most days, Lord,
Except that found in You.
The world is changing rapidly,
As it is wont to do,
And what was once thought common sense
Is now declared untrue.
 
We stand, once more, upon the brink,
The darkness looms ahead
And every new shift in the tide
Fills my heart with more dread.
Each side calls out to follow them,
But I trust You instead.
 
We’ve seen the world turned upside down
More than a time or two.
With each new dawn everything’s changed,
And yet, nothing is new.
The plans of man shift with the wind
And then new winds blow through.
 
Lord, that is why, with every dawn,
Despite the change it brings,
I lift my voice in praise of You,
My faith filled spirit sings!
For You’re my truth, and You’re my light.
I trust You in all things.
 
Psalm 113:3
From the rising of the sun to its setting, the name of the Lord is to be praised!

No comments:

Post a Comment