Monday, October 10, 2022

When All That's Left is Prayer


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I sought to offer food and grace
To one who seemed in need,
But he wanted to feed his sin.
To that, I’d not agreed.
 
We spoke of some place safe and warm
Where he could rest and heal,
But his longing for the darkness
Was all that he could feel.
 
I felt that darkness circling
As he raged on and on.
It focused, hungry, on a soul
That seemed to be far gone.
 
I knew not to offer to him
What he hoped to receive,
But I can pray, Lord, that Your love
Will help him to believe.
 
This world seeks to devour him,
And he’s too weak to fight.
Oh Lord, I pray he finds his way
Into Your healing light.
 
I know he couldn’t hear my voice,
The darkness held his mind.
Please help him to hear Your voice, Lord,
And leave that life behind.
 
Luke 17:36-37
And they said to him, “Where, Lord?” He said to them, “Where the corpse is, there the vultures will gather.”

No comments:

Post a Comment