Saturday, October 8, 2022

A Day Without Rest


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My day of rest did not pan out,
But such is life these days,
And I will not let this day pass
Without lifting a praise.
 
So, let me sing out in my joy
For all the chores now done,
And for the strength to finish up
The work that I’d begun.
 
Some chores I planned for other days,
But, you know what they say,
Don’t put off until tomorrow
What wears you out today.
 
Tonight, I’ll sleep well, I suspect,
But, with the morning’s sun,
I’ll rise and rejoice that my chores
For tomorrow are done.
 
Lord, I’ll set a new plan in place
And I’ll see this one through.
My Sabbath plan, a day of rest
And time to spend with You.
 
 Genesis 2:2-3
And on the seventh day God finished his work that he had done, and he rested on the seventh day from all his work that he had done. So God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it God rested from all his work that he had done in creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment