Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Still Not In Me


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I pray someday Your perfection
Will take root in my heart.
I offer up my prayers in hope
That I’ll see a new start.
 
Yet, as each amen has been said
I rise up from my knee
To cast disdainful thoughts at those
With whom I disagree.
 
I think I see You in myself,
But not in other folk.
To think that You could love them, too…
That has to be a joke.
 
For they are not of a like mind
As I think they should be,
So they must be unworthy of
The grace I seek for me.
 
It’s not that I am without sin,
But my sin’s not as bad
As those who see things differently
From the views that I’ve had.
 
I tell myself that I’m better,
That my choices are true,
But, while I might deceive myself,
I am not fooling You.
 
Lord, set me back upon my knee
That I might better see
I cannot fill my heart with You,
If it’s wrapped up in me.
 
1 John 1: 8
If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment