Monday, February 1, 2021

My Gain Is In You


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I’ve lost so much in this life, Lord,
I’ve known sorrow and pain.
Yet, I don’t count all I have lost,
I focus on the gain.
 
The sorrow wracks me now and then
And I can’t stop the tears.
They flow until my heart could drown.
It’s been that way for years.
 
There are days I can barely move,
As age creeps up on me
And I have found it’s harder now
To do small things like see.
 
But all that I’ve suffered in life,
The grief that I’ve been through,
I count as meaningless compared
To all I’ve gained in You.
 
Your mercy’s greater than my pain,
It’s greater than my grief,
Your mercy’s greater than my fears.
It is my true relief.
 
Your mercy’s greater than my loss,
Your love is my great win,
But even more, Your Grace, oh Lord,
Is greater than my sin.
 
Philippians 3:7
But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment