Tuesday, September 29, 2020

How Things Improve


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Today started in weary tones,
And it ended that way,
But none the less, I thank You, Lord,
For giving me this day.
 
It wasn’t the best day I’ve had,
But I’ve had many worse,
For I found cause to lift You thanks,
And felt no need to curse.
 
I worked hard and I got things done.
Though I wish I’d done more.
You helped me focus on kindness,
And not on keeping score.
 
You told me to just take a breath,
Be patient through the stress,
As far more blessing come from Grace
Than are born in duress.
 
You showed me that I can stay calm
Within the storm’s wild heart.
Well, maybe calm’s not quite the word,
But it was a good start.
 
Though this day began wearily,
And seemed, at times, a trial,
It also showed how things improve
With kinds words and smile.
 
Proverbs 31:26
She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment