Thursday, July 4, 2013

Today I Pray

Oh Lord, I pray for Your people,
For those who live in pain,
And for those serving far from home;
Bring them back safe again.
 
I pray for those who live in fear
For living in Your name,
And for the broken, tortured souls,
Who live in rage or shame.
 
I pray for those beneath a load
That’s greater than their strength,
And that those suffering from grief
May find relief at length.
 
I pray for those out on the road
That we may eat each day,
And for those working without rest
With bills they cannot pay.
 
I pray for those who keep the watch
While we sleep without fear,
And for those living with a wrong
That they can never clear.
 
Oh Lord, this nation is in flux,
There’s so much going wrong.
We need you more, Lord, than we know
To keep us true and strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment