Friday, July 12, 2013

Pierced By Shame


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I know the way that I should live,
The path that I should walk,
But sometimes I’m distracted by
All of the noise and talk.
 
I let myself get caught up in
The things that I should not;
I know You’ve shown me how to live.
I guess I just forgot.
 
I wandered out a bit too far
Into the bitter weeds
Of wilful thoughts, of careless words,
And bold, rambunctious deeds.
 
But just before I lost my way
And strayed too far from You
My heart was pierced by awareness
Of all I know is true.
 
While I might rightfully bear shame
For what I thought or said,
I’m grateful that you called me back;
I cling to that, instead.
 
Romans 2:15
They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment