Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Don't Fear the Storm


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I saw the storm clouds rolling in
Across the distant hill,
And felt the air catch in my throat
As it grew thick and still
 
So ominous as it approached,
It rumbled in my mind,
And I was frantic, searching for
Some refuge I might find.
 
But I was caught out in the storm
With no place I could go
When lightening flashed across the sky
And wind began to blow.
 
I knelt down in the rising wind
And cried out in His name,
“Please turn the storm, for my life’s sake,
Or at least make it tame.”
 
But in my heart I knew the storm
Would not turn from its path,
And I would have to find the strength
To withstand its full wrath.
 
So I rose up to face the storm,
Because I knew I could,
And I felt Him right by my side;
That’s when I understood.
 
He did not need to turn the storm,
His presence was my balm.
For, once I knew that He was there,
I faced the storm with calm.
 
And now each storm that hammers me
Does not leave me in fear
For I do not face them alone,
My Savior’s always near.

No comments:

Post a Comment